Sunday, April 26, 2015

Paper Themed Objects

ARTIST STATEMENT:

When told we had to create three objects out of paper using one theme and color I was super confused. How was I suppose to tackle a project only using paper and base it off a theme? This was foreign to me. After coming up with my theme of texture I thought to myself, there is so much I can do with this, having paper and making it textural. The first object I made was a diamond with crumpled up paper glued to it, I ended up liking it so much I did two more shapes (a circle and a triangle) using the same technique, these would be my three objects. When it came to adding color I use one technique before deciding to spray paint them all. I originally splattered differently colored ink onto the paper but the texture of the paper got lost in the ink, thats when I decided to spray paint. Overall I think the spray paint worked in my favor because the glossy look of the paint made my piece have tons of structure and texture.

RESEARCH PHOTOS:








IN PROCESS PICTURES:


PROFESSIONAL PHOTOS:









No comments:

Post a Comment