Sunday, April 26, 2015

Memento

ARTIST STATEMENT:

Memento was a project that made your brain think in a different way. As an artist we are made to think and create one way while this project made us think inside the box and create something out of a memory. When assigned this I believed it was going to be pretty easy considering we could only use three materials. Once it came down to getting started is when most of us had an artiest block. Memories have so many aspects to them how could we narrow down all our ideas into three materials. This project made us step outside our artist brains and think differently. For my memory I choose when my little sister had brain cancer and my family lived in the hospital to take care of her. For my memento I decided to make a cocoon like structure sowed together with an opening in the middle with yellow paint on the inside. The cocoon is to resemble the butterfly starting the next stage in its life, like my sister did by beating cancer. The stitching it to resemble her stitched and the yellow paint to resemble her favorite color at the time. Overall I enjoyed this project due to the drive to think differently.

IN PROCESS PICTURES:


PROFESSIONAL PHOTOS:

No comments:

Post a Comment